Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Starting at the Beginning


I started a tumblr recently, which is worth checking out, but I realized it wasn't making me write as much as I wanted. So here I am. Writing. But I don't know what to write. I guess this will be a free writing exercise.

I am a Senior in college, I study theatre, I like to smile.

It's interesting recently I have seen and realized that life is a journey

and I want mine to be an adventure comedy. So let's begin.

This summer my supposed "love of my life" dumped me. He didn't want to get serious and grow together, he wanted to grow apart. Now he has this new lady who is into him, he looks happy. I am pleased for him. Me, I am figuring out me on my own so the next love that comes around gets a full person who is independent and strong. I think women have a really hard time not giving all of themselves for men, while guys in their twenties have so much more growing up to do.

It's scary to go back to when I was with him and how many of my dreams I was willing to put on hold and how I would have just followed him and make things work... then I thought his dreams were my dreams... I see my friends falling in similar tracks and/or also being young...BUT WE ARE YOUNG.

Why do we get stuck in settling down when we don't even know what our future holds. IF we are in relationships we need to appreciate them, grow with them, have fun, STOP PLANNING at the age of 21!!

Sorry, overload. It makes me think that it's from when women needed men more, we still have that need to be protected, I do, I admit it, but I also want a guy to sometimes want me to protect them. Find that equality and that love to make me so happy for the rest of my life. That I feel like this man is the person who I can just hang out with and I feel as though I am alone.

I just like to be. Be in the moment. Be in one place at a time. Breathe. Smile. And with the spirit of Thanksgiving, remember what I am thankful for.

Keep enjoying life. Life doesn't get better we just get stronger. Now how is this a comedy adventure? Who knows-I promise to keep you updated, it will become a comedy adventure if I want it to.


No comments:

Post a Comment